The Bureau des Jeunes Chercheurs (BJC) is an association aim to unite young researchers of the Institute Charles Sadron, it brings together all doctoral students, Post-docs and other non-permanent staff.
Our active association organizes small meetings and proposes to carry out different events and activities for everyone around these main themes :
- Professional enrichment / Work placement
- Social, sporting and cultural activities
- Academic events supported by different doctoral schools
The BJC seeks to facilitate and promote a scientific and social network for everyone, constituting a source of useful information for doctoral students and support them during their doctoral training organizing social events and promoting a constant professional relation in the public and private sectors.
The following events are organized by the BJC regularly :
“Walking Towards the Future” (WTF) Career Days
is designed to offer postgraduate students the opportunity to explore the different career paths. In order to guide students and young researchers to transition to a professional status a cycle of conferences is proposed on the basis of their professional and personal interests.
This includes :
- round-tables that give students a chance to exchange, discuss and build their professional network with former PhD students working in the private sector (DuPont, Soprema, Goodyear, Saint Gobain) as well as in academia.
- meetings and trainings with the Association Bernard Grégory (ABG) and other experts in the matter of professional integration.
These lectures are given in English and are open to all researchers. They are considered as “cross-training and professional development” the hours are validated by three different doctoral schools (ED 182, ED 222 and ED 269).
Social events throughout the entire year
If you want to contact the BJC, propose some ideas or be an active member :
As an organization we also play an important role in the follow-up of the former doctoral and Post-doctoral students of the ICS.
Indeed, we would like to expand the ICS Alumni network to drive and maintain a transatlantic and scientific nexus among Alumni, promote valuable collaborations and establish a constant connection with the industry.
Join our community on LinkedIn